WHAT WE DO…
- Provide instruction and assistance in the use of library information, materials and equipment.
- Provide a quiet, attractive and friendly environment to study.
- Provide help and resources for assignments and information needs upon request.
- Provide books for recreational reading.
- Purchase books, materials and equipment to support SAHS curriculum and educational goals.
- Assist teachers by collaborating with instruction and by providing resources that support curriculum.
WHAT WE HAVE…
- Print Resources: Large collection of books and magazines .
- Electronic Resources: School and District Library Catalog, extensive high quality online reference collection and informational databases (including home access privileges).
- Equipment For Student Use: Computers, Calculators.
- Library is open before school at 7:30 and after school until 2:45, and during lunch periods (most days) for reading, study and research.
- Regular book checkout period is three weeks. Books may be renewed twice.
- Magazines and Reference Books may be checked out for one week and renewed once.
- Students with overdue books are not allowed to check out additional library materials.
- Students are charged $0.10 per day for overdue books. Students are responsible to pay fines for lost or damaged books.
- Overdue notices are regularly sent until materials are returned.
- Students may loose certain school privileges like open lunch and purchase of event tickets if overdue books are not returned.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MAKE THE LIBRARY A GREAT PLACE FOR EVERYONE…
- Sign in at the front desk so we know who's present in case of emergency.
- Present a library pass when using library during class time.
- Show respect for all students, staff, books, equipment and facilities.
- No food or drinks near bookshelves, soft chairs, or computers.
- Check out ALL items taken from the library.
- Return library books and magazines on time.
- Ask for help if you need it!